2014 was a great year for Social Media with several new trends coming to the fray. However it is a new year and a new year calls for a new set of trends. Here are a few trends we want to see ion Social Media in 2015:
1. Social Media Platform fusion: This idea is something that several companies have been playing around with for a while and this integration will not help channel more flexible content, but will also create the first complete digital Content market in the world.
2. More Advertising: The content that corporates generate on Facebook specifically will have less of an impact as compared to before, forcing marketeers to switch completely to Facebook ads. This will then lead to smarter Ad strategies which will be out-of-the-box and compelling as a whole.
3. Images and Video are the future of content: The age of Text is over. As it has been proved with multiple platforms such as Instagram and Snapchat video and images are the future. Marketers all across the world need to track and analyze consumer behavior on these platforms in order to produce meaningful and hard hitting content..
4. Marketing directly to your consumer’s phone: First there was the PC. Then came the mobile phone. Then came laptops. Smartphones. Tablets. The world of technology has continued to evolve on a consistent basis causing marketers and corporates to constantly up the game. With the smartphone revolution in full swing, efforts must be directed at purely devising plans and campaigns to target the customer’s pockets, in more ways than the one.
5. Merging Content and Connect Based Networks: This one’s been a long time coming. With so much content diluting the Internet out there, you need to make sure that your content reaches the right people, and vice versa. With Slideshare, Video and several other forms of content being shared on Linkedin on more sites than others, this is easily one trend we hope to see blossom in 2015.
These are the five trends we would like to see in 2015. Social Media Marketing has come a long way and now, we stand on the cusp of something special. It promises to be one helluva ride.