Casia 2014 began with 700+ registrations, 250 teams and 103 colleges.
Now we are down to 10 finalists from 7 colleges.
Here is the list of teams who made it to the finals.
The 10 finalists will be judged by our eminent panel of 7 who are experts of the digital world.
Here, have a look at their profiles:
1. Avtar Ram Singh– Strategy. Content. Marketing. As the Lead for Circus Social’s Dialogue Management Services, Avtar helps brands find their voice on social media and have meaningful and insightful conversations with them. He values good content over all else.
2. Gautam Mehra– Gautam is the Business Head– Social Media at iProspect Communicate2. He has over 10 years of experience in Digital Marketing and 6 years in Social Media and has been instrumental in establishing the social media division of his earlier agency and growing it to one of the largest enterprise client portfolio.
3. Nishad Ramachandran– Nishad is the Vice President at Hansa Cequity. Prior to this he has worked with iContract and Lintas. He began his digital journey as a copy writer in an ad agency.
He has done extensive work in conventional print, television and radio campaigns and now brings this experience to social media marketing, CRM driven marketing, including customer lifecycle management programs, loyalty based marketing campaigns, web advertising, influencer marketing, mobile marketing and employee communication programs.
Nishad was on the jury of the 55th Cannes International Advertising Festival and was also voted India’s best boss at a survey by conducted by Times Jobs in 2008.
4. Prasant Naidu– Prasant Naidu is the Founder at Lighthouse Insights- Indian social media news and insights.
He started his professional career as a Business Analyst and worked majorly in the IT Banking industry. After working for more than six years, he started his own company, Lighthouse Insights with his wife, co-founder and editor Vinaya Naidu. LI was started as a blog three years ago which is now an online publishing platform.
He says, ‘With India witnessing the mobile economy, connections and commerce will happen on the smaller and multiple screens. Besides data is the role player since it makes social so important for marketeers.’
5. Saurabh Parmar– Saurabh is the founder & CEO of Brandlogist – a premium boutique consultancy into branding & digital media.
Before this Saurabh was heading the digital operations for Ogilvy Delhi. He has been a visiting faculty at IIMC(last 4 yrs),9.9 SOC,PRCIMS (Perfect Relations Training institute) & also takes guest lectures/workshops for B-schools & corporates including ISB,XIC etc
You can find more details on his profile http://www.linkedin.com/in/saurabhparmar
6. Shalu Wasu– Founder of Circus Social, Shalu has witnessed the evolution of the digital marketing industry for a little over 5 years. After growing Ogilvy’s social practice in Singapore for over two and a half years, Shalu founded Circus Social – a marketing solutions company that’s a cross between a social agency and a tech solutions company.
7. Tinu Cherian- Tinu Cherian Abraham is a social media enthusiast and leads the digital/social media efforts of UST Global, an IT services multinational company, globally. He also handles PR/Media Relations & Corp Marketing in India for UST Global. During his previous software engineering career, he had worked for companies like Juniper Networks, Cisco Systems & Infosys.
He is one of the most active Wikipedians in India and an administrator on the English Wikipedia. He was also formerly in the Board (Executive Committee) of Wikimedia India Chapter and served as the Head of Communications & PR for the chapter.
Tinu is one of the well known faces on Twitter in India. Tinu Cherian, recently won the award for “Most Influential Twitterati” at Social Media Day 2014, in Kochi, Kerala.
He is frequently quoted and featured by most mainstream publications and newspapers in India. The Business Standard newspaper listed @Tinucherian as one of the most influential about politics among Twitter users in India.