Sale! Sale! Sale! No matter where you go, people are always trying to sell you something. Most of the time you ignore all these chaotic marketing messages around you and only less then 1% of them makes to your decision table. For most of the marketers, its a Number Game. You tweets 100 times, 15 of them gets clicked and out of that 5 of them fill in your call-to-action forms, and out of that may be 1 gets converted.
Looks like a pretty simple arithmetic to play around with. So if you increase that 10,000 times to 1 Million times, you know what to expect. But its not that simple and straight forward. There are numerous variables that goes into this particular thought process which needs to be accounted for. The idea of pushing messages and then expecting conversion is a traditional outbound marketing strategy. This doesn’t work in Social Media.
The moment your tweets number are more than 30 or 40 times a day, you automatically get rejected by the community, there by considered as a SPAM. In Social Media, you need to attract audience and make them stick to your message rather than the other way around. This is called inbound marketing strategy, and it works like wonder in case of new media.
Steps into creating a better social media sales strategy:
- Understand your competitor’s community and understand their positioning.
- Understand customer trends through social media monitoring techniques.
- Define properties of your prospect through :
- keywords they search
- community they join
- conversations they have
- platforms where they are most active
- Create your messaging and positioning.
- Reach out to influencers and prospect through social media channel. You can use social media monitoring tools like Simplify360 to discover prospects and influencers.
- Create your engagement strategy and content around it.
- Keep track of your progress and optimize accordingly.