The first edition of the Indian Super League saw an unprecedented scale of participation. For the first time in history of Indian Football, the domestic league trended on Twitter.
We compiled a list of the most popular tweets:
1. Commercial from none other than Abhishek Bacchan
— Abhishek Bachchan (@juniorbachchan) October 1, 2014
2. Launch of the official Ad
OFFICIAL: The new #HeroISL ad, featuring 8 stars & LOTS of football! Have a look!http://t.co/3cILCE1H6e #LetsFootball pic.twitter.com/gqGPJ0mJmX
— Indian Super League (@IndSuperLeague) October 4, 2014
4. Mikael Silvestre, one of the Marquee player of Chennai expressing his happiness in joining the new club.
5. Luis Garcia Happy to join Atleico De Kolkatta
6. Hmm.. Sky Sports talking about the league
7. ISL Trophy in display
8. Another Selfie!
9. Del Piero on his arrival
10. Robert Pires playing for FC Goa
11. Del Piero signing infographs. Sorry autographs.