Social Media Strategy- AmazonSocial Media Strategy- Amazon admin admin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/42a6687a7e786ed2157ae4f74344aeec?s=96&d=mm&r=g
- no comments
Amazon has social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr, Instagram, Quora, YouTube, Vine, LinkedIn and Google+.
Buzz share language-wise
Buzz by Gender
Hourly buzz rate
Source Distribution -buzz
Content Analysis- Facebook
1. Context based engagement with offers:
Leveraging Oscar Event
On March 1, Amazon asked its fans to like the post and tag a friend. Random selection of winners was done and they got free copy of star trek into darkness and gravity. A week later it again came up with a promotional event where fans were asked to like the page and tell a cure for winter to win energy lights.
Seasonal Offers- Winter Special
Percentage of Likes, Shares and Comments
- Amazon received decent proportion of likes and shares but relatively lower engagement in the form of comments.
- Fans liked the product advertised and were ready to share it in their circles as well, which is good news for the company.
2. Event based Marketing (festivals and events based content):
3. Goodwill based content aimed at building brand equity
4. Platform for new launches
5. Customer Relationship Management
Content Analysis- Twitter
Followers 1.06M, Following 49, Tweets 2882
- Given the brevity that the platform provides Amazon uses its Twitter account mainly to communicate the fans about various deals, discounts and offers on a day to day basis.
- Re-tweets are generally aimed at promoting various sub brands like amazon kindle, amazon studios etc.
- Fans generally use #amazon if and when they are reading books which they bought on amazon.
1. Platform for deals and offers display
2. Recruitment and talent hunt
Amazon uses its Twitter account to posts updates about their job requirements.
Content Analysis- Pinterest
Followers- 7336, Following- 287, Pins- 183, Boards- 22
Content Analysis- Instagram
POSTS: – 3 FOLLOWERS: – 16864 FOLLOWING: – 3
- Not active on Instagram with just 31 posts
- Content not relevant
If you decide to ignore the amazon logo at the top of page it would be hard to recognize that it is amazon’s official Instagram page. With just 31 posts that are not indicative of company, amazon can certainly do better.
( This is an extract from our ebook on Social Media Strategy review of Top US E-commerce brands, you can view it here)
adminAll stories by: admin
You might also like
7 Customer Experience trends we will see in 20217 Customer Experience trends we will see in 2021 https://d12uqnnq0zktr8.cloudfront.net/simplify360-web/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Blog-Banner-trends.png 1024 724 Admin Admin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/10ed4348b36c363bf8b526b75e3f7996?s=96&d=mm&r=g
Providing Better Customer Service by Asking the Right QuestionsProviding Better Customer Service by Asking the Right Questions https://d12uqnnq0zktr8.cloudfront.net/simplify360-web/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/edwin-andrade-153753-1.jpg 700 300 admin admin https://secure.gravatar.com/avatar/42a6687a7e786ed2157ae4f74344aeec?s=96&d=mm&r=g