'Be Precise, Be catchy'- The mantra of Indian Youth using Twitter'Be Precise, Be catchy'- The mantra of Indian Youth using Twitter admin admin https://simplify360.com/wp-content/litespeed/avatar/3ead39a54d57a931e126311abbc3007c.jpg
- no comments
Over the past few years, more and more young Indians have succumbed to the charm of tweets. Be it politicians like Kejriwal/Rahul or celebrities like Priyanka Chopra/Chetan Bhagat twitter is fast pervading within the Indian Borders.
So what are the trends and how can brands leverage this?
Simplify 360 conducted a survey and came up with very intriguing results about the way Twitter is used by an Indian Youth.
Have a look if you are an Indian youth tweeting your life out, read it even if you are not one.
- Majority of Indians can be found on twitter within the time slot 9-12 pm, so if being a brand you are planning for a campaign launch that is worth all the buzz and attention, you know when should you be doing that.
- When it comes following people, Indian Youth prefer their friends and colleagues most followed by politicians, sportsmen, and celebrities.
- Tweet and Re-tweet is the most favored activity on Twitter and DM is the least used service on Twitter.
- One out of every two Indian Youth uses mobile phone as a medium to access twitter. Are brands hearing?
- Most of the Indian youth access twitter to get news updates on the go. It is also preferred as a socializing and networking hub. So the mantra is “Be Precise, Be catchy”.
- Indians love for sports, politics and humor doesn’t spare twitter as they emerge as the top three areas of interest.
- Looks like brevity is a cliché for some of us, around 1/3rd respondents wished twitter allowed more than 140 characters.