The Business Analyst (BA) collaborates with sales, service, engineering, and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer technical decision-makers.
Key areas of focus include:
- Understanding, gathering and analysing the client's requirements (business and technical), pain points & road-map.
- Collaborating with the client to white-board a compelling solution concept. Once both sides reach mutual concurrence, translate the solution concept into an executable SOW (statement of work)
- Positioning compelling innovative solutions to address the client's areas of concern. It's the BA’s responsibility as a trusted advisor to ensure the solution has the right support within his / her organization. Example: If the client is interested in a hybrid cloud but the solution provider is not sure if they will continue to leverage the underlying technologies for the hybrid cloud then the PS must highlight the options with pros and cons.
- Effectively assisting the Sales Lead in driving sales process, proposals, request for proposal (RFP), proof of concept and solution alliances (when and as needed).
- Proactively scopes the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ met and unmet needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the firm.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer firm. Adapts solutions, as necessary, to ensure appropriate support.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to ensure a deal’s “technical close.”
- Monitors customer support for technical solutions proposed throughout the sales process, and alerts the sales and account teams to potential risks of deal closure.
- Answer to RFI/RFQ/RFP together with the Key Account Sales manager.
- Prepares relevant product documentations and solution proposals when requested by the Sales Director or Customers.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team member sales associates in-order to enhance their product knowledge, technical acumen, and technical sales skills.
- Provides training to customers when needed.
- Carries product demo (online/offline) to prospective clients and customers.
- If required, acts as a Project Manager for each deal to ensure the final solution is delivered towards customer’s expectation and initial proposals.
- Work closely with customer & offshore teams (process transition, migration and delivery) and develop implementation strategies.
- Manage existing collaterals through version control and act as central repository for all collaterals.
- Responsible for complete sign-off with the front-end sales team on all documents to be sent to the client.
Accountabilities and Performance Measures:
- Maintains high customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Completes required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Reports to the Director of Sales.
- Works closely and collaboratively with the sales and account teams supported.
- This position may be assigned to support geography or one or more named account teams.